As National Gardening Day approaches, many people are excited to get out in their gardens and start planting some new seeds. For those who enjoy gardening, having a larger lot to work with can be especially rewarding – and if you’re lucky enough to have a 6 to 8-acre homesite in Riva Ridge, you have all the space you need to cultivate an incredible garden.
Here are some tips for enjoying gardening on a larger homesite:
- Plan ahead: With so much space to work with, you’ll want to take some time to plan out your garden before you start digging. Think about what types of plants and flowers you want to grow, how much sun and shade each area of your lot gets, and how much time and effort you’re willing to put into your garden.
- Divide into zones: One way to make the most of a larger lot is to divide it into smaller zones. You can create different areas for flowers, vegetables, fruit trees, and even a seating area where you can relax and enjoy your surroundings.
- Experiment with different plants: With so much space to work with, you can experiment with different types of plants and flowers to see which ones thrive in your particular environment. Try growing everything from herbs and vegetables to exotic flowers and trees.
- Add some visual interest: To make your garden truly stand out, consider adding some visual interest with features like a water feature, a pergola, or even some decorative fencing. These additions can help to add some character and personality to your garden and make it a more enjoyable space to spend time in.
- Get some help: Finally, don’t be afraid to get some help with your garden. Whether you hire a professional landscaper or enlist the help of friends and family, having some extra hands can make all the difference when it comes to maintaining a beautiful garden on a larger lot.
So, as National Gardening Day approaches, take some time to enjoy your larger homesite in Riva Ridge and start planning out the garden of your dreams. With a little effort and some creativity, you can create a beautiful and rewarding space that you’ll enjoy for years to come.